In this post i will share with you the strategy that helped me drop fat and get my abs to be more defined.
I’d like first to remind you, that I’m not a registered dietian, my posts talk about the steps im taking to become more fit, from the prespective of a bodybuilder and a blogger.
I’ve been able to achieve good results, over the past year with my diet and workout. But To be able to reach this phase, i had to actually make some changes to my diet, workout and lifestyle. The point during this phase was to make sure that my body is as healthy as possible, therefore i had to make sure that; I’m not cutting out any food group, over-stressing my body or crashing my self.
- Because caffeine and stress can both elevate “the stress hormone” aka as cortisol levels, I stopped drinking coffee, and limited my caffeine intake to the preworkout drink, and some green tea.
- Ate a lot of non starchy veggies with each meal.
- Started adding 10 g of olive oil to 2 of my meals.
- Replaced the nuts in my breakfast with half an avocado, because I am intolerant to nuts.
- Ate a lot of cherries and watermelon to calm my sugar cravings.
- Started peeling off cucumbers, sweet potatoes and potatoes, to reduce bloating from fiber overload.
- Stopped consuming protein shakes and focused on protein from real food .
- Forced my self to eat Tuna post workout ( i really hate tuna)
- Drank a lot of water
- Drank a lot of tea
- Added tumeric to rice, salads and everything.
- Made sure im eating a variety of veggies and fruits.
- Cut out red meat all together from my diet.
- Occasionally Used light soy sauce and mustard (although they’re high in sodium), to keep my food interesting
- Removed already mixed spices all together from meals, since they’re very high in sodium.
- Replaced egg whites with whole eggs ( 1 whole egg = 3 egg whites)
- Started doing 8-10 reps x 4 sets ( instead of 5 x5), without decreasing my weights.
- Added Abs to Legs day, and made sure i commited my self to doing abs at least 2 times per week.
- Added weight to my leg raises excercises.
- Did incline crunshes without any weight for me to focus contracting my abs, instead of using my back and neck ( like everyone else does).
- Didnt do any cardio, but made sure that im walking 14000 steps per day.
- Forced my self to rest on Sunday.
- Did two workouts sessions on my days off from work ( except sunday)
- I tried my best to reduce stress and stress sources. And this is really hard if you’re have a full time job.
- Finished an intensive nuitrition course. Which helped me fix a lot of things in my diet.
- Took my prepared meals out with me when on the beach or meeting my friends.