how to have a good workout
by April 7, 2019
There is a lot of things that can affect my workout. Personally I really do enjoy every aspect of my workout. Here’s my personal take on how to have a good workout.
To have a good workout, basically you have to make sure that you’re body is healthy, that you’re focused and that you actually make the most of the session. Having said that i will split the tips into the mentioned categories.
How to stay focused during workout: The mindset
- Disconnect from all social media and messages, even better leave your phone in the locker!
- Invest in some wireless headset, and play music during your workout. For me, breakup angry songs gives me motivation to workout even harder ( thanks to my exes).
- Remind your self, why you’re working out and what you’re expecting from your self at the end of the workout.
- Pick a gym that is close to your house, so that you know its easy for you to go
- Go everyday at the same time to the gym
- Pick a gym that makes you feel comfortable
How to train better : The workout
- Help your body warm up, by starting with a 7 minutes light cardio warmup
- Help your body cool down, with a 20 minutes light cardio cool down exercise
- Don’t stretch before your workout, as it will change the way your muscles behave, only stretch after.
- Use dumbbells and free-weights whenever possible. Machines are good, but they don’t activate the whole muscle, dumbbells and free-weights are better at that
- Use your watch do track your resting time between sets ( 2 min for 5×5 and 1 min for 12×3)
- Keep on challenging your self by slowly increasing the intensity of your workout ( more reps or more weight)
- Train each muscle twice per week
- Don’t dedicate a day for Arms, that’s a waste of time
- Focus on the muscle you’re training, For example make sure only your biceps is moving during biceps curl and not your whole body.
- Change your workout every 3-4 months to avoid boredom
- Avoid making these workout mistakes
- Checkout my workout for March 2019
How to get ready for a workout and Recover Faster
- Stay hydrated during your workout
- Drink pre-workout shake ( or coffee ) 30 minutes before
- Supplement with Omega 3 to help you build muscles and recover faster
- Be careful with vitamin supplementation as it’s dangerous
- Avoid useless bodybuilding supplements
- Sleep at least 8 hours each night
- Have a good well balanced diet ( you can check my diet here)
- Supplement with Whey Protein if you don’t eat enough protein
This was my take on how to have a good workout, I hope i was able to workout better. Just don’t be like these guys that i hate at the gym.