Like so many other iPhone and iPad owners, I updated to iOS 8.4 last week. This update fixes many issues, including the foreign character bug that causes iOS devices to crash. Yet this update might be the most controversial for Apple, as the online communities have been flooding with reports from people that “lost their music” and even couldn’t get their mobiles to function normally. The only solution to that problem is to actually, backup your iOS device and run a clean restore//install for the new iOS.
However the great news is that iOS 8.4 has already been jailbroken, by Taig. The Jailbreak is currently only available for Windows users.
- Plugin your iOS device to itunes, and perform a backup before starting
- Close iTunes
- Turn off passcode and Find My iPhone before jailbreaking.
- download the TaiG Jailbreak Tool V2.2.0 from Taig.
- Plug in your iOS device to your computer and open Taig V2.2.0.
- Uncheck the 3K assistant checkbox and check the Cydia 1.1.16 checkbox, and then click “Start” to begin the jailbreak process.
- Be patient as TaiG finishes the Jailbreak.
- Once the process is finished, your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch will reboot, and TaiG will display a message that the jailbreak was a success.
- You should now see Cydia on your home screen and almost all of your favorite tweaks and features should work fine on iOS 8.4.
- If there is a warning of “Storage Almost Full”, please run Cydia.
- If jailbreak failed, turn off WIFI and try again. If failed again, please use TaiG Pro to restore and try to jailbreak again.
Happy Jailbreaking! Don’t forget to get free in-app purchases when you jailbreak your device!