Want to get one Year Free subscription to Maguy Farah’s 2015 Horoscopes, apparently the team behind the application has messed up once again.
I am a huge fan of Maguy Farah, just not a big fan of the team behind her mobile application. For the second year in a row, i found a bug in the application, that allow users to get the book for free. And no this isn’t called hacking, once you have the application installed on your phone you’re free to edit the files the way you like, If the developers of the application didn’t want anyone to see these files, they would’ve had encrypted them.
Instead of giving Maguy’s book the best support and features available, the marketing and developing team of the application seems to be way behind. Their application always leaks the book for free, and there is no speakable marketing on twitter for the app.
What you need to get 1 year subscription is the following, a computer, itunes, and iBackupbot.
- Download Maguy’s Farah Application from the appstore ( if you haven’t yet)
- backup your iPhone using iTunes
- If you’re using iOS 8.3 +, you can’t edit the files live, you will have to edit your backup and then restore using itunes.
- For IOS 8.3: After you backup launch ibackupbot, go to your backup’s folder, expand user apps
For iOS less than 8.3, simply go to the live version of your files after closing the app on your iDevice.
- click on Maguy farah folder, go to library >> application support entitlement, right click on “registeredRecords.plist” and click edit
- Your file should look like”
<?xml version=”1.0″ encoding=”UTF-8″?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC “-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN” “http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd”>
- add the following line between <array> and </array> : <string>net.inmobiles.maguyfarah.1y 2015-04-06 03:00:32 +0000</string>
- save the file, for iOS8.3+ restore the backup using itunes,
for iOS less than 8.3, just save and click refresh and reopen the app on your iPhone.
Note: do not click restore purchases or it will remove your 1 year free subscription.
Other how to articles using iBackupBot: