Google recently launched “Google Play Newsstand”, a new application for Android enabled devices ( also knows as Google Currents for IOs devices) that allows you to read all your favorite news sources in one experience. Newsstand puts the news you care about most front and center and presents stories that interest you based on your tastes.
With this news application users can subscribe to magazines, newspapers, blogs and news sites and the newsstand will format and optimize them all for an enhanced reading experience on their tablet or phone.
Google also allows websites/blogs owners to add their own website to application, style and customize user’s experience, here’s How To Add Your Blog To Google’s Newstand and Google Currents:
- You need to have Google Chrome installed, if you don’t have it download it.
- Go to https://www.google.com/producer/ Google Producer tool, and sign in with your Google account.
- Press on Create new edition
- Give your edition a name
- Enter your RSS feed url, if you’re using WordPress your RSS link should be http://www.yourwebsite.com/feed/.
- Add your Youtube channel’s name if you have one.
- Press on Create
- You’ll get to a customization panel that will allow you to edit every aspect of your edition, and publish it.