How many times have you lost your mobile contacts because you forgot to backup your mobile, or your old device didn’t have a compatible way to transfer your mobile contacts to the new device? It doesn’t have to happen anymore, start syncing your contacts with Google for free!
This article will help you Sync your contacts withÂ Google’s Gmail to your phone, tablet, and desktop programs so that you can always access them.
To start, you need to have a Gmail account,andÂ an active internet connection.
Connect Your Gmail to Device:
Â iPhone/iOS device:
- go to Settings >>Mail, Contacts, Calendars >> click on Add Account
- Select Gmail
- youâ€™ll then be prompted to enter the relevant information, such as email address, password, and description.
- Once Logged in make sure to turn the contact icon to on.
Your contacts are automatically synced when you first turn on your phone and sign into a Google Account, so make sure to add your Google Account to your Android device. Any existing contacts from that account are synced with your device.
- On the Home screen or in a folder, click Setup.
- On the Setup screen click Email Setup.
- Click the Add button.
- Select Gmail from the list, then click Next.
- Add your Gmail address and password, then click Next.
- Scroll down and expand Synchronization Options.
- Check the Contacts and Calendar checkboxes, and then click Next.
- Confirm your Google Mail password, and then click OK.