There may be many reasons why your PC is running slow, Viruses, unwanted programs,cookies,spywares and god knows what.
follow those tips to help you clean/faster your pc.
top tips to make your computer run faster:
- Install any free antivirus and check your Pc for virus , i would recommend Norton Antivirus(free for 30 days) but still you can download Bitdefender or AVG.
- Download Combofix ,Combofix is a freeware (a legitimate spyware remover created by sUBs), Combofix was designed to scan a computer for known malware, spyware that your antivirus won’t probably catch them.
- now go to Control Panel open Programs and Features , and uninstall all the programs that you don’t need anymore( specially toolbars).
- go to run, write in it msconfig , it will open System configuration , go to Startup tab , click on disable all, and apply.
- Update your windows regularly
- always empty your browser’s cookies and temp files: Click on Start>Control Panel>Internet Options. The second row down will say Delete Cookies, click on that. Click on Delete Temporary file; when the little box comes up that says “delete offline,” you don’t have to click on that. Click on Delete temporary Files.
- Complete Disk Cleanup. After clicking on “Start”, move your cursor on “All Programs”, then up to “Accessories”, then “System Tools”. Click on “Disk Cleanup” from the list that appears. Click the “More Options” tab at the top of the page, and select all three of the following: “Windows Components,” “Installed Programs,” and “System Restore”. Clean up all three by clicking on their respective tabs. You may want to delete all but your most recent system restore point as you probably don’t need the others.
Warning : don’t install or download any free antivirus from unknown brands, or from websites that pops out and tell u that your Pc is infected.
Consider buying a copy of an Antivirus to keep you protected .