We strongly recommend trying UltraSurf before doing those steps , if downloading/running executable files(.exe) might be blocked by an It Policy, follow the steps in this article.
This solution requires Firefox to work , because Windows cannot force an it policy on Firefox .
So the solution is
- So the solution is to Open Firefox( if installed ) , or try to install it
- go to Tools >>Options >>advanced >> network >> settings
- check the “auto detect proxy for this network ” button
- then click on ok and close the box
- Now to access to facebook and twitter use the secure browsing setting by using https instead of http example( go to https://www.facebook.com/ or https://www.twitter.com/)
If those settings work for you , you can now use facebook and twitter now .
If those settings don’t work for you follow those additional steps .
- go to google.com
- search for hidemyass proxy
- this link will appear at the top >>hidemyass.com/proxy-list/
- do not go to the actual site because it might be blocked by the IT, so just go to the cached version to get a list of working proxy
- choose any of the proxy ( it should be an ip address with a port )
- and now go back to Tools >>Options >>advanced >> network >> settings
- check the manual setting button and enter the ip/port in the convenient box
- click ok , and now you should be able to browse any site you want