Are social networks really free of charge?
Social networks are live free TV, they make revenue mostly from placing advertising , however although it was never confirmed but social networks (including Facebook ) are often accused for sharing user’s data including private information and behaviors with a third party .
In fact Facebook may earn from placing advertising up to 10$ for each page view. (it Depends on the current bidding price).
Why we think that Facebook is breaking down!?
Facebook was launched in 2004 currently has more than 901,000,000 registered users, however Facebook was easily followed by Twitter launched in 2006 , that has more than 300,000,000+, and Google plus launched in late 2011 , that has more than 170,000,000 registered users.
What makes Twitter and Google Plus a threat to Facebook !?
Twitter vs Facebook!
- It’s widely popular between celebrities/politicians who personally tweet to their followers and interact with them.
- Doesn’t have a friend limits (Facebook limits friends to 5000).
- Twitter even allows you to connect with the world throughout the trending topics , or even by replying to any account without even going through the pain of requesting a friendship and ending up reported .
- Fewer ads.
Google+ vs Facebook
Due to the popularity of Google and its products , Google’s social network “Google plus “ was able to reach in almost 10 months ,what took Facebook years to reach .Even though Google plus is still behind Facebook ,it will eventually become much more popular than Facebook because :
- Although Facebook might be the most popular social network, google.com is still the most popular site on the planet , and is still getting much more traffic than Facebook , allowing Google to advertise more for its social network .
- Google is still the biggest advertising network on the web , with Google’s Adsense/Adwords
- Google plus offers new features such as Virtual Meetings.
- More secure!! with Google’s new SECURITY OPTION , which if activated will send you an activation number to your mobile on every login from a new computer .So simply new computers needs to be verified before they access your Google+ account thought an sms .
- Enhanced privacy, uploading and experience.
- Every Facebook page is always filled with ads.
- Privacy settings are complicated.
- Not secured, the login process is still unsecured compared to the feature Google has.
- You’re only connected to the friends that approve to add you, while on twitter and Google+ you can communicate with all the profiles.
- A friend limit of 5000.
- Facebook pages are not as interactive as they should be , they’re almost about press releases ; page owners shares updates without even interacting with the fans, simply because Facebook lacks this feature.
- The new timeline which exposes the details of your life to your friends by date and details
With over 900 million registered users, Facebook is still on the edge of breaking down; Facebook is expected to breakdown over the next few years, because of its strong competitors Google Plus and Twitter.