While Facebook’s team is stopping the scam fast, daily new spams rise . Hackers/spammers are using celebrities to spread the spams; it goes like that , you see a post claiming scandals to a celebrity , you follow the link , like the page, arrive to a page that either asks you to install an application or to copy paste a code ;both installing the application and copying the code into your browser will automatically spam all of your friend’s wall with the link , and continuously the process starts all over again .
Although Facebook already has a protection system that automatically analyzes all the backlinks to determine if the link is a spam or contain malware software , Facebook remain unable to provide full protection to the users as new spamming pages and technique are rising each day .
Safety tips :
- Do Not install application that you don’t trust and that claim to have a scandal
- Do not install application that promise you free cash or weapons
- Do not copy any hacking code into your browser
- Do not fall for Phishing websites make sure that you are on www.facebook.com when you’re asked for your password
- Do not install a browser toolbar that you don’t trust
- Do not download program (.exe) sent to you by people that you don’t know
- Not everything posted by your friends is theirs,it could be a spam !
As many other celebrities might be the victims of a Facebook spam , Miley Cyrus and Rihanna remains the most dangerous Celebrities Online.